- Rapidly growing MSP- 30% a year - every year
- Work with best in class and serve the world's finest hedge funds
- Learn and apply top technology to some of the world’s most demanding and technology-centric organizations.
The Account Manager is responsible for managing multiple ongoing client relationships ensuring maximum levels of client satisfaction, retention and growth. The Account Manager will have extensive experience in ensuring optimal service delivery of IT Infrastructure, and possess proven Client and Project Management capabilities. Experience and knowledge of the financial services industry, and trading floor environments in particular, is highly preferred but not required.
We seek client-savvy professionals who will be able to motivate and coordinate Edge Technology resources to effectively support our demanding hedge fund client-base for whom the effective delivery of our IT services is mission-critical.
Essential Functions include-
- Leveraging IT expertise, client management and consulting experience to assure high level of on-going client satisfaction.
- Identify and propose solutions to recurring production issues or functional short-falls.
- Oversee team resources are effectively applied to client service request and activities to ensure timely, cost-effective issue resolution resulting in high client satisfaction.
- Accurately assess retention risk and renewal strength.
- Develop and maintain client contact with client IT contacts and as helpful executive team at assigned firms. Build strong relationships with clients.
- Understand and stay up-to-date on client IT infrastructure requirements, technology strategy and goals and how Edge Technology solutions can solve client goals and issues.
- Identify opportunities for growth and pass along to Business Development staff.
- Work with all functions and technical teams with-in Edge as needed to improve customer service and team communication.
- Schedule customer maintenance and ensure appropriate customer checks are completed.
- Review service failures and produce incident reports as required.
- Produce and maintain service improvement plans.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is in place for specific support requirements, such as onboarding documentation.
- Produce ad-hoc reports as required (CPU utilization, SAN/Storage etc.)
- Validate, negotiate and process service credits.
- Organize and chair monthly/quarterly service review meetings.
- Manage contract negotiations on behalf of clients with third party vendors.
- Promote best practices in effective client partnering, including communication, coordinating projects across multiple client sites, optimizing Edge resources in a cost-effective and targeted manner and coaching others.
- As required, must be available as part of escalation process for customer support on 24x7x365 basis.
Desired Skills and Experiences
Technical and Industry expertise
- Five plus year experience in service delivery/account management/senior consulting role, coordinating the delivery of broad ranging IT systems infrastructure capabilities to multiple clients.
- Technical familiarity with an appropriate combination of infrastructure, server management and maintenance, network, disaster recovery, security, email, VOIP/telephony, and/or data backup and retention functionality.
- Exposure to financial services, trading environments highly desirable.
- Experience providing these services to external clients a plus.
- Hands-on exposure to desktop support, systems implantation, hardware configuration a plus.
- BS or BA degree in computer science, MIS or related field preferred a plus.
Client Support, Relationship Development, Project management
- Able to effectively analyze customer IT systems requirements. Have technical and business experience to evaluate if Edge solutions can meet those needs.
- Hold others and self accountable in delivering solutions and problem resolution in a timely, effective manner and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Understand Edge and clients’ business drivers and facilitate effective problem resolution as well as long-term value to our client’s needs.
- Strong relationship building skills with internal functions and external users.
- Foundation understanding of Project Management process.
- Communicate and Organize Effectively
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills, able to understand technical issues and communicate them effectively to non-technical users of our services.
- Tenacious problem solver, own problems until fully resolved.
- Strong negotiating skills, solid business judgment and acumen.
- Strong organization, time management and prioritization skills.
- Create effective client presentations and reports, detailing services provided, related time and billing, and issues resolved/value received on an ongoing basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 40 pounds. In addition, the employee may be required to sit at a desktop monitor for long hours and take phone calls.
BS or equivalent in CS, MIS or Engineering desirable
Edge Technology Group (www.edgetg.com), with offices in Greenwich CT, New York City and London, provides complete strategic planning, hosting, development, advisory, coordination and management of IT and real estate projects. We tailor our services to complement our clients' needs and supplementing the expertise of client staff professionals. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most progressive providers in the financial technology industry and join a talented team, work on rewarding projects in a dynamic environment and excel in your career. Edge Technology Group has one of the most respected reputations in the industry because our services make a positive daily difference in our clients' businesses.
All our positions are competitively compensated, full time, salaried and bonus eligible with full benefits that are 100% company paid. We also offer a 401k contribution of 3% that vests immediately, along with a host of other corporate benefits.
Edge Technology Group is growing rapidly (30% a year) and successfully attracts and retains leading industry talent. We do this by offering dynamic IT professionals exposure to a broad range of leading technologies and the opportunity to learn rapidly and contribute directly to the business.